Easiest way to help scientist reaserch important projects like Help fight childhood cancer or conquer cancer is to join Boinc Grid Computing.
Grid Computing is basically an oversized networked computer that allows a problem to be split into thousands of little problems and hundreds of computer’s (home pc’s, laptops, anything except mobile devices). By distributing an enormous problem to many systems, it can be solved faster and more accurately than relying on a single system to tackle the computations involved.
Use the idle time on your computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux) to cure diseases, study global warming, discover pulsars, and do many other types of scientific research. It's safe, secure, and easy:
- Download and run BOINC software
- Enter an email address and password.
- Once Boinc software is running choose advanced view.
- Go to Tools and choose add project.
- Choose Project interesting you and add your email and create a password as new user.
- Now Boinc starts to download a workunit for your pc to calculate and you are directed to projects your profile page asking your country and Team. To the team spot add "My efforts against childhood cancer". If some projects don't have a team option here, you can see "Find a team" spot page which comes after you have saved your alias.
- Now you are in your profile page of project of your choosing. You can setup how your's is beeing used,when,how much and how many cores/gpus. You can leave those alone if it's all new to you.
- You're done. Just let your computer do it's job and remember Boinc doesn't continue crunching if you close Boinc manager software. So leave it on. You can follow your stats from projects your profile page and http://boincstats.com/ with user search to see all stats from all of your projects.